HIGH PROFILE, HIGH IMPACT PERMANENT ROLE - OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
About The Opening
New Accounting Manager opportunity located in Mansfield, Ohio. Our client is a highly regarded, non-profit organization that provides medically supervised care within a residential setting. The “right candidate” will be someone who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced, and innovative mission-focused work environment.
The Accounting Manager will have primary responsibility for the full accounting function such as bookkeeping, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed asset schedules, prepaid expense reconciliations, project cost accounting, functional allocations, and bank reconciliations. The Accounting Manager will also take the lead in preparing for annual audits (internal and external) and assist in preparing informational tax returns and donor receipts for tax deductions.
Competitive salary (to attract top notch, dedicated talent), comprehensive benefits, including 403 B plan with employer contribution, is offered with this career opportunity.
- Compile and analyze financial information to make bookkeeping entries into CORE
- Prepare and maintain the General Ledger including vendor bills, journal entries, proper account and project coding, functional allocations
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts
- Daily communication with domestic and international staff as necessary in performance of primary responsibilities
- Fixed asset accounting and annual equipment inventory
- Prepare for fiscal year-end audit
- Assist in preparation of informational tax returns and other government filings
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing
- Support various domestic and international team members and give general accounting support
- Work with international microfinance and training partners as assigned to assemble, compile and analyze financial reports
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required
5+ Years Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA is a PLUS
- A minimum 5-7 years of multi-faceted accounting experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- High degree of character and integrity – strong work ethic and a desire to serve others
- Strong Excel and familiarity with CORE software preferred
- Ability to read and effectively analyze financial statements
- Mathematical competency
- Ability to focus and stay organized; excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication and research skills; a leader who excels at problem solving
- The ability to interact professionally regarding confidential matters with people inside and outside the organization.
Interested In This Opportunity?
Register with us anytime! One application connects you to all of our openings. Just click on the orange "apply now" button to start.
Already registered with Spherion Mid Ohio? Call your nearest office for more information.
Spherion Mid Ohio is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.