Accounts Receivable Assistant
Looking for a great way to introduce yourself to one of this area’s premiere employers?
We work with the JM Smucker Company to place employees into long term, temporary roles within their Fortune 500 organization, located in Orrville, Ohio. We are now seeking an A/R Assistant who will be responsible for providing support in Trade Payment and Cash Application within the general Accounts Receivable area of business.
About The Opening
Trade Payment Support –
- Calculate and provide management support of monthly Brokerage adjustments and periodic true-up payments.
- Calculate and provide management support of Bottle Bill payments and audits for various states. Perform customer and item reviews of compliance by state.
- Calculate and provide management support of Tonnage payments and reporting for various states.
Cash Application Support –
- Provide support in managing customer Accounts Receivable payments (checks, wire transfers, and electronic funds transfers) by resolving customer obligations and creating deductions and over payment records that support key accounting and finance reporting directives.
- Reconcile daily bank transmissions to Smucker systems and drive resolution when discrepancies are identified.
- Review and distribute non-EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) customer invoices daily and broker invoices monthly to ensure all are being distributed in a timely manner.
Other Projects as required
1 Year Experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business/Accounting/Finance
- Previous relatable experience with A/R
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Strong conceptual abilities (i.e. systematic thinking, problem analysis)
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize work load in a time efficient manner
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Interested in this opportunity? Send your resume to Laurie at email@example.com today!
Interested In This Opportunity?
Register with us anytime! One application connects you to all of our openings. Just click on the orange "apply now" button to start.
Already registered with Spherion Mid Ohio? Call your nearest office for more information.
Spherion Mid Ohio is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.