Maintenance Technician- Direct Hire
Are you a Maintenance Technician?
A strong Ashland company of 149 years that delivers water solutions to the world is looking to bring you onto their growing team on their 2nd(3:30-12 am) & 3rd shift (9p-5:30am)! One of the best kept secrets in Ashland; it's a great time to get your foot in the door to a company with a strong union partnership! Even better, this is a direct-hire opportunity! Never go through the temp-to-hire process!
Why is this such an amazing opportunity?
- Competitive salary!
- $1,000 sign-on bonus after 90-days of work!
- Vacation – 2 weeks in the first full year of work.
- Great medical benefits.
- Vision and Dental options.
- Long/Short term disability offered.
- 401K with 5% match program.
- Stock options.
- Every quarter with perfect attendance, get a ½ day of EXTRA vacation.
- “Attendance Redemption” Program.
- Paid holidays.
About The Opening
You would be responsible to:
- Maintain and repair a variety of machine tools, machines, foundry & mechanical equipment, holding jigs and fixtures.
- Perform machining operations on lathes, planers, shapers, milling machines, and drill presses.
- To perform repairs, tear down, reassembles, set up, and test machinery/equipment.
- Make holding jigs and fixtures.
- Make repairs and replace parts with precision dimensions.
- Perform plumbing and pipefitter responsibilities.
- Ensure that layout, installation, and maintenance activities are calculated.
- Service intricate automatic and electronic controls.
- Diagnose electrical or mechanical issues to prevent delays and shutdown.
- Repair and build machines, belts, flasks, hand truck bodies.
- Operate band saws, rip saws, jointer and drill presses.
- Use carpenter hand tools such as wrenches, hydraulic jacks, hoist, and rigger equipment.
- Weld as needed to cut/repair/weld/patch: chutes, hoppers, and pan
1 Year Experience
- Have a Journeyman's card OR 8,000 hours (4 years verifiable maintenance experience).
- Knowledge of high and low voltage electrical work.
- Have prior welding experience.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, written specifications, charts, and tables.
- Extensive knowledge of pipefitting.
- Have 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing maintenance.
- Obtained High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to train on 1st shifts.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply now- send your resume to Jessica Johnson at - Jjohnson@spherionohio.com
Spherion Mid Ohio is an EEO/AA employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.35 /hour
Interested In This Opportunity?
Register with us anytime! One application connects you to all of our openings. Just click on the orange "apply now" button to start.
Already registered with Spherion Mid Ohio? Call your nearest office for more information.
Spherion Mid Ohio is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.