Assistant Machine Operator
Our client who is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies is hiring for an assistant machine operators.
About The Opening
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.
Numerous shift blocks available to select that fit your schedule!
Pay Rate= $14.00 - $17.45/hr
A typical day includes assuring the safe operation of mill. Moving materials by hand, jib crane and/or forklift truck. Will be responsible to inspect raw material for quality standards, keep work area clean and provide a safe environment for themselves and team-members.
- Butt weld ends of coils together to form continuous feed.
- Use hand tools to grind burrs ensuring steel cord can be processed through machine successfully.
- Build tooling for upcoming jobs and maintain tooling effectively throughout machine runs.
- Monitor mill to detect issues with tooling and/or material.
- Thread workpiece between rolls of machine manually or by jogging the mill power unit.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (Starting day ONE through Spherion)
- Referral bonuses, employee gifts and incentives through Spherion
Full Time, Long Term, Temp-to-Permanent
1-2 Years Experience
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization
- Ability to understand mathematical probability and statistical inference
- Apply fundamental principles of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to resolve practical situations.
- Ability to work in warm-hot temperatures and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs
Spherion offers competitive salaries and benefits for temporary employees. So apply now to learn more about our unique, career building opportunities – you won’t be sorry!
Spherion Mid Ohio is an EEO/AA employer.
Interested in this great opportunity?
Click the Apply Now button and select Orrville as your office of interest or click the Call Us button below for more details!