Sales/Field Engineer - Direct Hire
Spherion Mid Ohio's Professional Division is currently partnered with an elastomeric designer and manufacturing company that delivers sealing solutions to customers both domestically and internationally for applications in the automotive/transportation, energy production & exploration, as well as chemical, medical, and the FDA industries. This organization is seeking to add a Sales/Field Engineer to their growing team! This opportunity offers around $65K annually pending experience a candidate bring to the table.
**This is a direct hire opportunity, never go through the temp-to-hire process!**
About The Opening
The Sales/Field Engineer will be responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with their existing customer base while helping to expand into new business. They will work with the sales team to provide technical advice on the sales of products. The Sales/Field Engineer will be responsible for explaining the technical and functional aspects of the product or service to users. With the knowledge that the Sales/Field Engineer has they will be prepared to handle any and all technical issues that arise.
3-5 Years Experience
What will the Sales/Field Engineer be responsible for?
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Consult with customers and engineers to assess product needs and to determine system requirements.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Pursues advanced technology directives and provides corresponding communication/feedback within areas in the automotive community such as: fuel cells, alternative fuels, emissions regulations, cooling systems, advanced elastomeric technology, etc.
- Secure prototype orders and coordinate delivery of samples to customers.
- Plan and modify products to meet customer needs.
- Help clients solve problems with engineered solutions.
- Recommend improved materials or design options to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase performance.
- Help in researching and developing new products.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analyses.
- Membership and interaction among the various technical subcommittees within professional organizations as it pertains to related technical subjects such as: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), American Chemical Society (ACS), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), etc.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated client needs and promotes company services to meet such requirements.
- Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
- Required to travel 50-60%; primarily domestic, some international.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
What Qualifications are we looking for?
- Working knowledge of industry product information (i.e. Rubber, Seals, Lubricants, Braking, Fuel Deliver,
Battery Cooling, Automotive, Aerospace.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative. A collaborative team player.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, WebEx, SAP, ERP Systems.
Are these within your core Competencies?
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Problem Solving—Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Focus-- Collaborates with the design, production, engineering, or research and development departments of the company to determine how products and services could be made or modified to suit the needs of the customer.
Education & Experiences Sought:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2-5 years related experience or equivalent.
- Bilingual in English/Mandarin is a plus.
Does this sound like the opportunity that you have been looking for? Submit your resume today!