Sous Chef - Direct Hire
The Professional Division of Spherion Mid Ohio is seeking a Sous Chef in Ashland County to join an incredible team and at an amazing venue! Salary range based on experience and interview, $37K-$41K.
*This is a Direct Hire opportunity; if selected NEVER go through a temp-to-hire process!*
Ashland County, OH
About The Opening
The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff. As assistant to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will help with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies. Also aid in making sure the kitchen is up to safety standards and that staff are obeying sanitation rules. During mealtimes, it is important that the Sous Chef be quick on his/her feet and be able to make smart decisions instantly. The Sous Chef is responsible for staff scheduling and discipline, when necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares food to specifications before and during operations.
- Properly measures and portions all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to Proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Plans the activities of and schedules all food production and food service sanitation employees to maximize productivity while minimizing labor costs to achieve and improve upon budgetary guidelines.
- Hires, disciplines, and when necessary, recommends termination of food production and food service sanitation employees according to venue guidelines and policies.
3-5 Years Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years of formal culinary/quantity foodservice management training or commensurate experience
- Minimum two years of culinary preparation experience
- Minimum of 3 years of culinary management experience in a similar volume operation with similar duties and responsibilities
- If required by local and/or state regulations, must have or be able to obtain a food workers card.
- Experience working in a computer network environment utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have or be able to obtain current certifications and licenses required by local, state, and/or Federal guidelines for food production management.
- Must be able to successfully complete training to be ServSafe certified through the National Restaurant Association.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Apply with resume today!